Thursday, August 15, 2013

I Like This: Episode One

I was doing so well, wasn’t I?  For a few days in a row, I busted out some blog entries (I thought about using a modifier & decided against it).  I’ve been trying to come up with some sort of frame work so I have motivation or some sort of a structure for writing posts.  That’s when I came up with I Like This Thursdays.  Each Thursday (humor me, here) I will write to you about something wonderful that I like.  It could be a person or a product or a TV show – anything.  The possibilities are limitless.  So here we go.

**********

I flippin’ love hatch chiles.  I came to this realization about this time last year when any time you hopped out of your car at a grocery store in Flagstaff, you were greeted with the delicious aroma of roasting hatch chiles.  TO. DIE. FOR.  I have been looking forward to August since last September.  I knew the fancy grocery store in town, Central Market, did a Hatch Chile Festival, so I knew I’d be able to locate the goods, which was important when August rolled around and I didn’t smell chiles anywhere.  What the heck?

So today, I plopped my boy in the car and headed to the land of chiles.  When I parked and opened my car door, my heart dropped.  All I could smell was ashpalt.  Another San Antonio disappointment.  I needed to pick up tea leaves for my dear friend, so I went in the store, desperately searching for a chile roaster. 

Ugh, well, I found some iced roasted chiles and tried about five different Hatch chile flavored edibles, but theres a little hole in my heart that can only be filled by the warm aroma of roasting chiles.  That’s why I Like This.

**********

(I considered starting with Episodes Four, Five & Six, and then heading to One, Two & Three, but decided against it.  Let’s not get TOO nerdy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment