Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Yes, I hosted a party.

I am not a party person.

I always have really big plans for parties with fancy food, drinks and decorations.  But my party planning eyes are always bigger than my party planning stomach, and at some point in the party I end up saying, “Eh, its in the pantry, just go ahead grab it yourself.”  That is the sound of me giving up on being a hostess.

Matt’s class is about 25 people and the few class parties we’ve attended were hosted by two very lovely ladies who welcomed us all into their apartment.  So kind, and a huge undertaking, but a little crowded.  After the last one, I told Matt we’d be hosting the next party.

Our chance came for the 4th of July.  Perfect.  Matt told me a lot of his classmates were out of town so it would only be 10 – 15 people.  No biggie.

I prepped and bought and cleaned to get ready.  It was exciting.  A party!  Yay!  When the time came, the grill was ready, the house was clean and, holy crap, probably 25 people (spouses and kiddos) showed up.  But it was great.  Everyone was so fun and brought awesome food.  And 5 bags of tortilla chips that we are still working through.  When I needed to get away, oh, look, James needs some quiet time!  It was so much fun.  I had so much fun at a party at my house.  Amazing.

I have officially run out of things to write about.  I know.  That was my interesting stuff.  But!  Wills & Kate had a baby and didn’t name it James, thank goodness.  George Alexander Louis. Maybe our next kid will have three names.  I’d like to think of it as a bonus middle name.

No comments:

Post a Comment